I can’t wait to listen to your new audiobook
As a professional audioproofer, I’ve helped New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors polish their audiobooks so that listeners can enjoy every second. I’ve listened to almost 1,500 hours of audiobook for business and pleasure so I’m aware of even the tiniest sounds that can distract from the listening experience. Authors want readers to get caught up in their wonderful words, not distracted by pops or changes in tone and it’s my mission to make sure that doesn’t happen.
Rates and Schedule
If you’re interested in hiring me to take your audiobooks to the next level, my rates at $20 or 2o Euro per proofed hour. For example, if your audiobook is 10-hours long, I charge $200/200 Euro, no matter how long the proofing process takes me.
For first-time clients, I deliver in 10-hour chunks and expect the invoice to be paid after each chunk is approved.
How does the process work?
You send me:
- An accurate and up-to-date manuscript. If you want me to find places where the narrator has accidentally changed things in your audiobook, I need this. If you are okay with these small changes, I don’t need this. (Optional)
- Labeled audio files that can be played in Windows Media Player (almost all file types fit this description).
- A list of special requests. For example, if you want me to check the pronunciation of foreign language words or if you want me to send my proofing sheet in a special format, I will need to know in advance.
- For new clients, payment after the first ten proofed hours.
I send you:
- An itemized list of all mistakes within your audiobook, with written explanations detailing each mistake’s severity.
- A PayPal invoice.
To find more, the best thing to do is to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set up a free 30 minute complimentary talk where I can answer your questions and we can make sure we’re ready to work together.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Here’s what my clients have to say:
“Max has proof-listened to several audiobooks for me and I’m impressed by his attention to detail, his fast turnaround, and his helpful notes on what needs to be fixed. There are so many things to do as an author, so it’s great to have someone to help with this time-consuming task.” – Joanna Penn, The Creative Penn
“ Maxwell is a pleasure to work with and has a very keen ear! He is an expert at proofing German as it is his second language and is a published author as well. ” – Madeline Mrozek, Professional Narrator
“I’m a stickler when it comes to quality. I want the best audiobook experience for my listeners, and that’s what Maxwell helps me to deliver. He’s even pickier than I am! He’s also easy to work with, a clear communicator, and an expert at finding errors in spoken words as well as background audio. I’d recommend him to any author who wants to improve quality and save time better spent writing new books.” – Rebecca Cantrell, New York Times bestselling author